enough is enough
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [LOL] ArmA OFP Site Forum Index -> ArmA 2 & OA other stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RueLight
Average Poster
Average Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: enough is enough Reply with quote

lo LoL

after something about one year i played ArmaII with ACE-Mod and others on [LOL] Circus =ACE=

but now i have enough!! i realy ****** up with these ******* dayly updatenightmare and these always not working sixupdater shit... or if you're in match server drops all players to update the unimportant changes... nice gameevening is gone...

if i'm thinking back to the begin, we had just few changes every 3th or 4th day... i realy don't know what ACE-modder doing but now i can't and I don't want to live with these shit... I spent more and more and more time to check and install some updates as for a match. the other matter, if i had seen somebody on server i can't join the game fast because i don't have the actual version...
and at last, i updated my mods but the keys would not be accepted any more. one time i deleted all of my modfolders and reloaded the completly shit (needed something about 4-5 hours)...

i think i'm not alone with this bugs, so i wish LoL will consider about thie problems because i think this is the main reason for empty circus-server (often).
for me, i will wait something about 1-2weeks and i will monitor the ACE-updates during this time. i love this game and this ACE-mod, but i can't live/"play" with this many updates.

greets

rue
Incubus
Lost in Addons

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the most important motive, why im waiting for ArmA2 playing a year and dont buy new PC only for this mess

Amateur Poster
Amateur Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with you Rue,
this update-marathon is a real madness...
i spent more time to download updates then for real playing time.

Maybe the one or other guy thinking about an official LOL made Addonspack, with daily updates. The must things are all included in core addons,
so why don't define a "standart LOL version of ace"... one for all.

like on funhouse, it's funny to see there are more people who want to play an 9-years old game then new new ArmA2.

Not the addons makes an game great, the players does it.
ROKKA(fin)
Average Poster
Average Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, Zapp asked me some day when im gonna upgrade and move to Arma II. Never im gona do that now cos of this ACE mod and stuff. I looked the zapps instructions to install ace and update it with sixupdater and gotta tell ya i didnt unserstand a word. For what I have seen it takes too much time and work just to be able to play in circus. Damn i dont wanna update ace everyday just to be able to play it. That really sucks and there is some troubles with all those keys and god knows what shit. Im happy with good ol OFP Razz Too much work in ArmaII
Zapperguy
Deletions Department

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,
The ACE mod makers want it to be as good as possible and actually fix bugs rather than leaving them messed up like so many OFP mods. ACE is down to only 2 update days per week and occasionally have an extra update tossed in. If you guys would actually come on TS a little more often, then we could talk you through any difficulties you are having. It's also a great way to catch somebody playing before they leave rather than just trying to hurry onto the server. ARMA2 has incredible potential and the ACE mod taps into a great deal of it. If you need "easy" buy a console. If you want a kickass military sim that you may have to do a few more steps to enjoy, then play ARMA2.

Rue,
when it says the keys are wrong it is generally that the server hasn't updated yet or it has occasionally been an ACE bug that the server didn't auto-update its keys. KEYS ARE FOR DEDICATED SERVERS ONLY! You NEVER need to touch the keys as a client or even if you host games for others. Only a stand-alone sever like Circus needs to worry about keys. That being said, you didn't need to spend hours uninstalling & reinstalling ACE as any "key" problem was not client-side. ACE can be confusing/frustrating if you try to deal with it alone, but come on TS and commiserate with the rest of us and it doesn't hurt so bad. If you really look back to the beginning it was much, much worse than it is now. If you recall, there were several updates a day, every day.

Stein,
If updating is taking longer than you spend gaming, then you clearly are not devoting enough time to game. Updates don't take that long unless you wait weeks between them. ACE isn't done being modded yet - is the reason we don't have a "standard LOL ACE pack". ACE made a "finished" version which we, as a clan, rejected as we would rather have more bugs worked out & new content instead of just a static set of addons. Updating is usually a couple clicks & perhaps a 2 minute edit of your userconfig file - not that painful. You could just update every few days so you are ready to go when its gaming time - it doesn't require you to start the game or play to remain updated. I would also guess that a good many of those on FH don't have the PC power to play ARMA2 and might give it a try if they had better rigs.

Rokka,
Please don't jump on the bandwagon to complain about a mod for a game you don't even have. Some of what you have said that seems "bad" is not accurate. There are NOT daily updates, you NEVER have to touch keys, and there's a solid group of us who walk people through the six-updater on TS all the time. I realize that English is not everyone's native language and TS may be intimidating for some, but with the exception of Diesel we don't bite. Wink (And we try to keep him tied up out back.)

Inc,
What can I say.... you'll be playing OFP on your deathbed 50 years from now. Very Happy
Lost in Addons

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zapperguy wrote:
...you NEVER have to touch keys...

what keys? this one?

edit by Zapperguy: Bite Me!
Gerbil Repository

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hopefully the ace team will release an official version 2 at some point in the not to distant future and we can stop this update madness. until then, we have to live with it. once you have sorted it out, you don't have many problems. it is unfortunate that the ace updates are at ~1800UTC, right in the middle of prime-time.

the only problem i have had is having to uninstall an old 6-updater and install a more recent version. this has happened twice in the past six months because the updates to the 6-updater are not well publicised. when you do this you want to make sure you do not uninstall your 6-updater settings.
Incubus
Lost in Addons

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can ask the ACE team with force for faster work, they are living 40 km from me in Ajka.
i got a beretta...
Amateur Poster
Amateur Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xeno from ace team released a post in a german forum that ace up´s now only every friday and one stable version a month..just to let u know..

atm i cant play ofp :c only arma cuz im missing my ofp cd´s somewhere..hope i can find em..but i like arma at all too..

ace is a nice mod..lets hope there will be a "finished" version soon and not an endless updating like in arma 1

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
JGaz-UK
Lost In Space Poster

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zaps right Cool once you get "sixupdater" up & running, and help is usually available on TS, the updates run them selves no prob.
Last week no updates between Fridays! we were getting withdrawal symptoms. Embarassed

If ever you get problems, uninstall the six, don't delete user setting & reinstall from;

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/six-arma-updater
anarcho
Former Senior Member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now where do i start, oh yes, guys please don't talk crap about a game (arma2 with ace) you have never played, try it first then come back and say its crap though i doubt you would.

computer specs for arma2 well i have a dual core amd 3600 2 gigs of memory and a gt9800 i regular host games from my comp when testing missions and hosted stuff when i only had 1 gig of memory and we didn't have ace on the server. Muerte has a single core and plays arma 2 fine.

the following is from a post that i posted in the members section

first we could go for a 'stable' version but and this is a big but, you won't be able to play on other servers cos most are staying with the update process of ace. Which is fine for those that come and play once or twice a week. We would prob lose people in the process.

second option stay as we are, yes please updates are now down to once a week and only happen more often if a bug is found. (take note last week a number of the islands was updated this isn't ace updates) its much easier to update islands via the updater than posting link and shit and getting everyone on the same version.
The biggest reason though for staying with the updates is community, we always talk a lot about the LOL community and how good it is, well the arma 2 community is the same, the amount of time and effort that is put into ace by the guys over there should be supported by us, yeah sometimes they get it wrong and sometimes we will not like everything they do (stamina is a good example), but the amount of stuff ace adds to the game is amazing. If you find bugs etc let the ace team know, that's how stuff gets sorted/how it works, read the bis forums the ace pages etc... contribute

Last edited by anarcho on Sun May 30, 2010 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Whoarmongar
Amateur Poster
Amateur Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFG All these ppl who dont play arma2 knocking it. Listen if your finding arma2 a little difficult and want to stay in your comfort zones stay with OFP guys I can understand this, change can be unsettling, If your rig cant handle it then you have my sympathy, If installing the six updater taxes your patience then i understand it can be a bit daunting. Personally I think arma2 with ace is fantastic and im sorry to say i dont even have OFP installed anymore coz armace surpasses it in so many ways .

Last edited by Whoarmongar on Mon May 31, 2010 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Incubus
Lost in Addons

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely words from a member
grat
Amateur Poster
Amateur Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It it's always funny to see when some A2 maniacs comes back and join
to Funhouse "Comfort zone" coz A2 server had another evening down during update process Very Happy

I spent some hours for A2 & ACE here, and i like it too.
But i agree with it that A2 getting more more complex.
My Keyboard has actually 104 Keys, and almost ALL are mapped & used by A2. Rolling Eyes

Personally, a men are not true multitasking capable,
and my brain not an Intel Core i7 Calculation System for process all the impressions during A2 Gameplay.

Maybe getting this will help me to handle the ACE Updates in future:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gMrG5lkYeg&feature=related
Striker
Amateur Poster
Amateur Poster

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i was like some of you complaining about six but then got the thing running fine and honnestly .....ACE KICKS ASS brothers !!!!!
ARMA2 is the best game i have played in a looooooooong time !!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [LOL] ArmA OFP Site Forum Index -> ArmA 2 & OA other stuff All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: