MODS
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [LOL] ArmA OFP Site Forum Index -> ArmA 2 & OA other stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Overlord
Amateur Poster
Amateur Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly the right place but...

I've tried twice to download the full addon file (reports 3.6 GB?), but can only DL 1.6 GB and the file is broken (DL is quite slow too, around 200 Kb/sec).

Any tips except six?
Rule Enforcer / List Keeper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overlord wrote:

I've tried twice to download the full addon file (reports 3.6 GB?), but can only DL 1.6 GB and the file is broken (DL is quite slow too, around 200 Kb/sec).

Any tips except six?

ask KillerBee

Muerte
Post Whore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe try a download manager of some sort. There should be a free one out the that will do downloads as multipart and that has resume in case you lose connection or can't get everything in one session.
Zapperguy
Deletions Department

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overlord wrote:

Any tips except six?

Why the avoidance of Six? It saves you hours of time downloading, swapping files about, and hoping you actually remembered to update everything you needed to. Unless you're behind a really hearty firewall then I'm not sure why you would say "It's imperative that I use the least reliable, slowest, and most unpleasant method available". I have spent countless hours keeping the addons current by zipping them up and uploading them to the site's DL section as changes occur. If it doesn't work, then I'm sorry, but I'm not re-uploading 4GB because one person chooses not to use the same convenient method that everyone one else uses. Rolling Eyes

Sorry if this seems cold, but I went through this with Killer Bee until he finally gave in and realized that the latest Six Updater interface is rather user-friendly, waaaaaay faster, and more accurate than a manual update. This isn't OFP, don't try to update it like it is!
Virgin Poster
Virgin Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What browser?
Firefox has a funky download window - usually reliable and can compile broken pieces.
simple and trusted?

#disclaimer if it dont work.

-----------------------------
Edit: ninja's everywhere

yeah that would also work you only D/l the bulk once then it constantly delta patches the pieces - minimal bandwith -
Overlord
Amateur Poster
Amateur Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'll try another manager then. I know wget works, but your site only allow around 90 Kb DL speed with it. I used Firefox (internal manager), will try an external one.

Thanks to D & Mu, and Zappy too, but here's one for Zappy;
by using six (which I don't hate cause I don't use it any more), I got kicked (banned too, but that's a minor problem) from other sites when I used six. That's why I trust manual update, and swallow the backside. Cause I can stay out of a server until I manually get the latest, but I hate the kick/ban shit from one/several/all servers caused by six degenerated so-called (auto)update procedure Razz

Maybe this is "old-school" thinking, but this is how it was when I used it, I was able to join more servers without six (even yours), than whit it.

I even swallow a 3.6G DL @ 90K than using six again. I have a special place in the net for such boring stuff, just don't tell me you wannna publish another ~GB DL next week Wink

And there's released an even more rotten apple in my sig Very Happy
Post Whore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't use Six to connect to servers, just to keep current with addons. Once you have everything downloaded create a shortcut with everything in it. Copy it to text file, select all files from the drop down menu below and save as Something.bat and save to your desktop. Use that to start the game. You can do a different one for each server you connect to and it is not associated with Six Updater.

Last edited by Muerte on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
JGaz-UK
Lost In Space Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never use the six to join a server Arrow just to download Addons & keep up to date with Ace & New Majors (separate install and updates) never had a problem with servers dedicated or otherwise.

ps I use "ArmaII launcher" to start game & use or not use addons. again no probs Very Happy

pps Oh and I use the 6 to download any other Addons I like from the large choice straight into the game.

Last edited by JGaz-UK on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Zapperguy
Deletions Department

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how long ago you tried Six, but the latest versions allow you to create a "preset" for a particular server and it will then auto-update you to the latest versions of the addons used by that server. If the manager of said server doesn't keep things updated, then yes, you could get ahead of the server with some minor update to an addon thus preventing you from connecting (and possibly auto-banning you for having a diff signature for that addon version) to their server. Six can create .bat files as shortcuts to the various servers you wish to play on so you only load the addons that a particular server uses. If one of our addons is a more current version of an addon used on another server, then the method of obtaining the addon doesn't matter because one of the servers won't like the version you have. Confused
Amateur Poster
Amateur Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a little test of the jas39Grippen. To be honest it doesnt have that wow factor.
The hud is ok and it gives a rudimentary CCIP piper for the CBUs but the biggest problem was lack of an afterburner, without reheat it bleeds energy in any sort of manouver and has really poor acceleration. It will eventually get up to about 900 knots (?) i tried a 180* turn @500 and was down to 280 after the turn, the turning circle was not tight and turn rate really slow and still it bled energy like a pig.
In arma2 aircraft addons a big problem is balancing the various mods, the grippen is suposed to model a 4/5 generation MR fighter yet I think in a dogfight its about on a par with the MiG15bis !
In the end I supose all proposed addon aircraft must be measured against the F16 as a yardstick, later generation aircraft should be better, earlier generations worse (dont mention the stock JSF).
To be honest with the adoption of the coaler I dont see a burning need for any future aircraft, A top notch Russian fighter would be nice, a small civi turboprop would be welcome, and a widebody civi jetliner for hostage missions could be accomodated in the lol hangar, but non of these are a particular priority or need.
Muerte
Post Whore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now if they could come up with some good Opfor boats I would be happy. A lot of potential waterway missions are out of reach because there are no good enemy boats.
KillerBee
Spam King

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caution we don't run the patch on our server yet, this is just a spot .

Seems to be out a new patch for ARMA2/

spike21 informed us BI released the updated beta patch build 93825 for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead.
Leave your feedback about the patch in this topic on the BI forums.
You can check the beta patch changes, report issues and vote tickets at the ArmA II community issue tracker (CIT).
Please note: this patch is only for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead!

Changelog:
- [93812] Fixed: Restrict gamma value set by profile
- [93809] Fixed: Restrict brightness value set by profile
- [93722] Fixed: Effects of setDamage to buildings different on clients and server
some crash fixes
- BattlEye support

How to stay up to date with the latest beta:
- danczer made a small application to follow new beta patch release. The current version is 1.12.
It offers some additional features which are handy when you want to follow the beta development.
You can find more info and download the application from here.
- Armatec has made an RSS Feed which will update every time a new build is released.
Make sure to check out the BI forums topic as some nice cool gadgets were made to work with this RSS.
- Sniperwolf572 made the armalog website. This web app is built on PHP and CodeIgniter and an optional Chrome extension which will keep you updated on the new beta builds. Also an RSS feed is available.
- Yapab made an email notifier, fill in the form and make sure to allow the email to come through so it does not end up in your spam box!

Download:

ARMA2_OA_Build_93701.zip

Source: Armaholic

Heroes don't wear capes, they wear dogtags !
JGaz-UK
Lost In Space Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those using the ArmA II launcher just check the Launch Options tab for Beta, latest is already 93825 Exclamation
Post Whore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had to update the Beta Patch to play Dayz to 93825. This Beta/betapatch runs independant of the mods folder and installs to the expansions folder, unless you have it on the server it should not cause issues. To run the game using the Beta you must use the "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" executable in your main Arma 2 directory (the game starts as usual it just preloads the Beta). For Dayz I have to make a shortcut on my desktop (same old proceedure) and add -mod=@DayZ to my target line. This patch, from what I have been told, is backwards compatable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [LOL] ArmA OFP Site Forum Index -> ArmA 2 & OA other stuff All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: