using lol-addons
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    [LOL] ArmA OFP Site Forum Index -> Server Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkztar
Virgin Poster
Virgin Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: using lol-addons Reply with quote

hi all Smile

since allot years i feel now like a "liltte brother" of the big lol-family. we spent allot of time together and had allot of fun in good evenings of playing good coops. the only reason i didnt ask to follow the lol-banner was, i am ctf-player as well and at home in a community i feel good.

now i found out i made a mistake, and i hope i didnt destroyed what grown up over long years!

i made a gameserver with lol-addons and ww4-mod. my hope was, that you see it with happiness that other pay honor to lol-clan to use lol-addons to public the lol-thinking and to grow up the lol-players-community. but incubus shown me, that this was not right thought. but, i dont want to be called a thief who "try to steal players from lol-server", cause thats for sure not what i wanted to reach! the contrary was the idea. i agree, that it is not ok when i use lol-addons, when you think about it like you (incubus) told me. obviously i started it a littlebit clueless, really without any badthinking about it. but, we shuted down the server istandly.
i hope that we find a solution witch make all happy. i have allready an idea and we shoud talk about i a quiet minute on ts. till then the server stay offline.

i am really feel sorry for this situation and please you to think about to accept my excuse.

your darkztar
Incubus
Lost in Addons

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey dark and all K-TTT members, our friends!

first:
forgive me, i have really bad english and when i say something what seems too rude, its sometimes just for this my lack of knowledge of use nuanace formulation os something like that.

well, im glad, really glad to see K-TTT members on our battlefield, coz we are here (incl. me) working hard to keep OFP alive and now we found something (WW4) what arouse interest of players and our server finally close to full again, like 3-4 years ago.
we have tested WW4mod around 1,5 months on testserver (thanks Zulu), made small website for infos and i made dozen of missions to find the problems or any anomalies.
this is lot of work. LOT. 10-12 hours/day.
we have 4 addonpacks. believe me thats really not easy to make an addonpack. i dont think anybody ever can feel it without try it to do.

K-TTT has around half a dozen of OFP servers. we have one. only.
so when i seen K-TTT started OFP server with LOL addons 3 days before we launched ours after 1,5 month of testing... come on, just imagine it.

choice is yours, of course u can keep your OFP server with our addons, who can inhibit that? i cant or even my clan cant.
but i have simply question. why u need that?
if u wanna play with our addons come and play here as u did before and even tonite. u are always welcome here, good teammates u are, simply nice players.

and u know what? if u still want to make some unique with ww4 mod 50+ ready to play missions, let me know, i can suggest u something. something unique. its ready to use, using ww4 mod. need more words to say?
if interest u K-TTTs, my email address is here: ofpww2mod@yahoo.com

cu on battlefield K-TTTs Wink
Amateur Poster
Amateur Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So for now K-TTT WW4 server is down.

BTW thats was my idea to run WW4 on K-TTT (WW4 on COW thats was my idea too).

Its some WW4 missions that using only islands from LOL-server, so not need LOL addons to play WW4. K-TTT and RECON server (was) not using LOLextras2 because of lag.

I think will be better if will be not only one dedicated server but atleast 2 WW4 servers (like CTI servers (dreaming now Smile ).

Maybe on K-TTT WW4 + RECON addons? Wink

P.S. Inc if u have bad english what i can say Question Laughing
Amateur Poster
Amateur Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(WW4 on COW thats was my idea too).

umhummm

We were thinking about WW4 back when LOLextras2 was being developed and decieded to wait until v2.5 came out. Now it has Laughing
gum
Amateur Poster
Amateur Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey tom, was the genesis of the universe your idea too?
tom34
Amateur Poster
Amateur Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gum wrote:
hey tom, was the genesis of the universe your idea too?
no!!
Amateur Poster
Amateur Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally i think that having a pure ww4 mod server around would be a good idea.......if we have to change things, then a real change should be made. like when i changed my gender.

love u all, lady gum.
Incubus
Lost in Addons

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Deletions Department

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gum wrote:
Personally i think that having a pure ww4 mod server around would be a good idea.......if we have to change things, then a real change should be made. like when i changed my gender.

love u all, lady gum.

I do miss your twisted mind gum. Very Happy

You must miss it too - lost things usually turn up sooner or later though; so, don't give up hope.
Lost in Addons

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

couple of players on CoW today regrets about my opinion above
about [LOL] addonpacks using on other server.
directly called me as OFP killer coz i dont let anybody use that packs on their server.
well, maybe they are right and im wrong. addons not ours thats true.
anybody can use that. did i say other like this?
strange in that whole story who said that: i called him my friend in past,
stood by him when he was banned for cheating. its little bit hurt.
u know when im making mission always thinking on players... Zulu, gum, Steiner, Jason, Whoope, ye Whoope and others.
what they will say when try that. how will they likes?? but in this case simply embittered.
whole work is meaningless...

problem is not the difference of opinions but the style.

now im thinking on leave OFP. really.
not so much time to play in winter in Alps and im waiting for ArmA3
in summer, time to move away i guess.

well anybody do what they want. i dont care.
Atrocious MumbletyPeg Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't leave Inc and try not to feel bitter. There's not many of us LOLers left on OFP and we do need you. I think all of us appreciate the effort you've put into the missions and addons, and it must have been galling to see a new server launched with all the addons you've worked on just a few days before CoW re-launched with them. A lot of people had played with them on the test servers and I think Darkztar was just enthusiastic and wanted to see whether non-coop missions could work with the addons.

When you look at the great missions and equipment that we get from the LOL addons it's not surprising that another clan would think about using them, and that would feel like your hard work being stolen. We can't stop them but it would be nice for you to be asked first.

Just looking at the number of people on CoW now is a huge tribute to the great work you've put in. I can see it's full now as I'm typing! Everyone is overwhelmingly positive about the changes, although we're all getting killed a lot faster Smile.

I've missed most of the chat about this online so I don't know what everyone said. Darkztar is very apologetic and is still playing on CoW. I think everyone knows the work you've put in and CoW is now thriving and full of happy coop players. I think you've got a lot to be proud of, and you've pushed OFP further into the future.
Amateur Poster
Amateur Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incubus,

You are not an OFP Killer. Any one who has followed our work with 3 versions of WW2 mods, LOLextras2, WW4mod, 3 web sites dedicated to the mods plus the postings here and in the BI fourm would know this. Not to mention the tons of hours you've spent making missions for us all to enjoy. We can't stop you from playing ARMA3, but don't leave OFP. We need as many active players as we can get to keep OFP alive. If it wasn't for you I think the OFP side of LOL would have died a year or more ago.

Last edited by Zulu1 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
theNoob
Atrocious MumbletyPeg Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and we owe you a lot too Zulu.
Virgin Poster
Virgin Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

friends... ALL!! please come down. all will become good.
all these "problems" are the result of unhappy situations.
i told inc allredy by pm how it came to it. i tell it all now, so everybody can understand my acting.

one day ive seen a server with ww4 mod, and didnt know what it is. by jason bourne i found out thats a mod. he took his time to explane a noob like me how to install on my computer and patch it. i really liked it from 1st moment, (accecpt the cheating ai who really like it so see in me a perfect parking for their 1st bullets). Very Happy
but then ive seen, theres no server with ww4. i found a locked server from zulu and a homehosted id-changing server from jb, but no public server.
i thought, hey, theres a good mod, and i wanted to give it a chance, that it dont end like other mods. (theres just 1-2 fdf-mod server allive).
so i asked razor for the posibility to put another server on our (root)?server. after allot problems (well, problems for a noob like me) the server was on. the rest of the story you know.
then started lol-server with ww4 and i was happy to see the ww4 getting more public.

i am a hard working person. i have 2 jobs and sometimes its still not easy. but im a noob with programming, mapping and these things. i only use my computer to play, cause i dont know more about. at least the post of inc shown me, how much work it is, to bring the addons and mod running and troubleshooting the problems.
i really can understand incubus, that he woudnt be happy, when he invest so much time and then someone take his work to use, even befor he did. and i think, thats what made him angry, nothing else. i really didnt know about the background why lol wasnt running ww4, or whos and how much work it is. i respect and honor the work cause i never woud see something like that without enthusiastic peoples like him. Smile

there are a few clouds in the sky, but is it a reason to quit? common, of cause not! we are so many different caracters just combined by the love to play ofp. and so of cause there different opinions. think your part and smile Smile

your darkztar
tom34
Amateur Poster
Amateur Poster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inc plz dont leave us with all of that now in this momemt Exclamation Exclamation

BTW I give you example Inc. Like u see its many CTI servers around but all playing mostly only on XR CTI (now here 34players). Because all know there are good players and good server to play. The same will be wiith LOL.
XR CTI server admin IRON not have any problem that someone else using CTI addon (@RES2c4-irParaZ) and missions on oher server despite the fact he must like YOU work with all of that to eliminate lags and crashes. I think he is proud that someone using his mod to play and have FUN on oher servers.

Better if someone who not played WW4 go to another server and start play here not on LOL.

P.S. I see darkztar you forgot who sugested you (2x times) WW4 on K-TTT server... ok nvm

P.S. 2 Can't we just play Question Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    [LOL] ArmA OFP Site Forum Index -> Server Stuff All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: